Friday, March 30, 2012

Student Reactions to the IHMEC's Student Leadership Day

My experience going to Student Leadership Day at the Illinois Holocaust Museum was amazing and definitely a day that I will always remember! I learned a lot about myself, my peers, bullying, the Holocaust and genocide in general by walking around the museum exhibits and participating in the various activities. I enjoyed hearing the eyewitness survivors’ stories. They were very interesting, sad and inspiring. I enjoyed meeting Nadja Halilbegovich and hearing her story when she was just about my age during the war in Bosnia. I realized how lucky I am to live in America. I thought it was amazing that she had so much courage to go through the tunnels, just to have a better life in America. I am really looking forward to reading her book, My Childhood Under Fire, in order to learn more about her "three lives". The day taught me a lot, it enlightened my life, and I am excited to share everything that I learned with my peers and teachers at McCracken!!!


Nora

No comments:

Post a Comment